Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Blood Family Epistles Janary 2 1950

Continued from Yesterday:  Well it didn't do us much good to particularly to come down a day early, because no one is around yet.  We went down and shot the bull with Wayne (Lynn) awhile this afternoon, and looked for some guys to see about jobs but they didn't seem to be around.  Wayne's old employer at the bowling alley has been made the head of student employment at the University so we will go down and see him in the morning.  We are all moved in and it is pretty good up here.  We bought a bottle of Air Wick to absorb the odors accumulated during the vacation, and you wouldn't even know you were in a barn now.

Send me down the latest scandal.  Love, Dwight

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ah, but the early start gave you a head start on being wise to the ways of the college campus. Still glad you went to college, even though a big chunk got taken out of our family. It got worse when Louise took off, too. Such is life.

Anonymous said...

Was searching 1940's census and your family name was just below my dad's. Must have been neighbors. Do you or siblings remember Graham boys?

Dwight said...

Oh my gosh yes! Wally, perhaps? Big Little Books? The old brown house just east of our little house in Penrose? Tell us more! Dwight

Anonymous said...

Big Little Books? What is that? Dad lives in Montana and Uncle Stan is in Greybull. Dad used to say if it wasn't for the Mormons they would not have made it thru their first winter in Penrose Valley. Don't know exactly what people did for the Grahams but I am sure they were very grateful. My e-mail address is eugene.011970@yahoo.com

Elizabeth said...

Hope you hear from the member of the Graham family. Even though I was very young, I remember going to the house on the east of us on a hot summer day.

Louise Blood said...

Yes, I ceertainly do remember Wally, and going to that house, with the tall sunflowers that I thought were so wonderful. when did they move from there and where did they go? And who tore down the house, because it seems like it was not there very long. And if I am remembering correctly, didn't Wally have a singing part in a play with a western theme when we were in 7th grade? I also remember that I had a crush on him.