Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Who Remembers the Radio Broadcasts of the Old Fashioned Revival Hour?

OK, this one has been rattling around in my brain (or little gray cells, as Poirot calls them) long enough.  So here it is:

This is radio station KGHL in Billings Montana bringing you Your Old Fashioned Revival Hour!
Every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before
Every day with Jesus I love Him more and more
Jesus loves and keeps me and He's the One I'm waiting for
Every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before

And with the little song, that's about as long as we ever listened to the Old Fashioned Revival Hour, so we never had an opportunity to become revived.  But how clearly I remember the song and the KGHL greeting.  One more tidbit among millions.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Ah ha. There were times when I would go over to the shop and Dad would be listening to a preacher on the radio. I don't know if it was through Billings or through KODI in Cody. I do remember the preacher telling us to put our hands on the radio and we would be saved.

Judy said...

Dad, while shaving on Sunday Morning!

Elizabeth said...

Next, we'll be getting around to thinking about The Rocky Mountain Cowboy, who, it turns out, was an uncle of my daughter-in-law. Small world.

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.