I know we've all seen this picture many times, taken by Uncle Norman, I think, on the day he took pictures of all of us. However, I don't know if we've seen it in a lightened-up version. So many details appear in this photo. I was going to list them, but I am leaving that task up to the five of you. I'm looking forward to your list. I think the comments we make back and forth about these photos and the memories they stir are really important in our family history.
OK here's the list:
- The original chicken house was just south of the coal bin when we first moved to Penrose.
- The sawhorses, already noted.
- The coal bin
- The copper boiler we used to heat wash water and bath water
- We had sugar beets right up to our doorstep the first year we were in Penrose. I suppose Dad was looking for every extra dollar he could find.
- The telephone poles that anchored our sturdy clothesline.
- The wooden boxes that kicked around forever under the clothesline.
- The polka dot dress Judy is wearing: Is that the same dress Louise wore in her famous picture?
- Anything else?