Tuesday, December 22, 2015

History Recorded

As I look at my bookshelf I find that I am very rich in the history of our family members.  It amazes me that four of my siblings have written stories of their childhood/lives, and it further amazes that, although we had the same parents and grew to adulthood while living mostly in Penrose, Wyoming, that we all had different paths and went different ways.  And yet, here we are all of us living longer, and looking back on these experiences that were so unique.  And we have formed bonds of friendship that will endure!  All of these books fall under the category of Family History, and I am so pleased to have them to read and re-read.  Hopefully, our offspring will find the stories interesting and illuminating.


I tried taking pictures of the book covers of the five autobiographical works - of course, Louise has two, and Dwight three.  Wonderful reading!  (Steve, it's your turn).

2 comments:

Judy said...

Nice post, Elizabeth! Those books represent hours, days, months....of personal in depth thought. Wow! So glad that was done. Steve has already started his......

Ann said...

I wonder if Steve's will be titled "Ditto". It is kind of amazing that we have that much written down. What fun!