Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Something Only A Parent Would Keep












The pages are skiwampus (hmmm, is that a word and if it is, how should it be spelled?), the old glue that I used is so stiff that when I move the pages, the glue cracks and flakes away. I don't think I am that old. The aqua looking ink came from a bottle of ink Mother had bought, and as far as I can remember, she used it very sparingly. My writing skills were great, weren't they? Can you believe I cut up so many valentines to make this one. When there were fewer of us at home, there were more valentines to play with. Happy Days!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for obliging and showing us the inside of your precious valentine book. Mother kept things that meant a lot to her and I can see why she kept this one. Isn't it nice to know that you did do something nice and that even then, expressed loving feelings for Mom and Dad.

Ann said...

Judy, you are so dear. As always, you just naturally say the nicest things, even when exposing myself to others seeing a piece of my youthful attempts at being creative (or lack thereof). Sounds like a "Minnie" skill to me.

Judy said...

"Minnie" is good.

Elizabeth said...

I hope that your children recognize the keepsake that this little book is. It is so charming! You were even a budding poet (and didn't know it?). Thanks for sharing.