Tuesday, February 15, 2011

More Data on Powell Wyoming branch library

I went to the online card catalogue (is it really a card catalogue?) and discovered that the Powell library no longer has any volumes of Billy Whiskers, nor do they have Snip, Snap, and Snur.  However, I am pleased to tell you they have one copy of the Norwegian Twins, published in 1930, if you wish to check that one out.  I cannot find data on how many books the Powell library has had, historically.  They must have had several hundred to keep Liz entertained in the 1940s.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This goes on and on and on. We have been very entertained. I think I repeated the story that when I lived back in Powell in the 1970's, I checked on a few books, "Henry Esmond" being one of them, and found that only two other people had checked it out since I did in 1951 - both were children of Judy's favorite teacher, Miss Plumb. Now, I have to check to see what books are available. How could they have done in the "Snip, Snap, Snurr" children's books? (Still much better than Homesteader Park facilities for a topic. Oh, dear, haven't checked out the front page from yesterday.....

Elizabeth said...

P.S. It didn't take much to keep me entertained. However, a cursory look at the front page of Tuesday's PT only reveals that the Powell police force are being sued in Federal Court for using unwarranted force to obtain two marijuana plants being grown in some woman's home.