Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Judy

The pictures taken of Judy at Ralston are the earliest that I know of. I always loved this picture (there are two of the same subject, but this one shows more of Mother). The saggy brown socks, which Louise and I suffered through, the helmet cap (warm) with Judy's blonde hair peeking out, the happy grin on Judy's face, which reflects Judy's sunny outlook on life, all are a reflection of this time. I don't remember much of anything negative about Judy - and I was five when she was born. Her ability to have fun helped me to lighten up a lot ("I know a dark secluded place - It's called Hernando's Hideaway), as we sang and played through a lot of situations. She was the guardian of the troublesome (sometimes) duo of Ann and Steve, who could be full of mischief.
The big wind almost blew Steve away, and also blew over a huge cottonwood tree at Emmy's. I got out Dwight's old Baby Brownie Kodak, and took pictures of kids climbing on and sitting in the tree. Doesn't she look innocent? I put a "halo" around her just to prove that point. Now, Judy, you have grown up to be very wise about many things, and to know how to get answers to questions by your patient insights into the rest of your family and our extended family. You do make our life more complete and joyful. Love to you on this birthday.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Since Steve put a comment on Dwight's post, I will add to Elizabeth's. What a fun thing it has been to be the little sister. You did try reallllly hard to help Steve and me be good - it was a monumental task. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and that you know how much you are loved.

Judy said...

Thank you for kind words. I don't care if they are true or not. They are nice to hear. Faithful sisters!

Louise Blood said...

Judy, I certainly meant to include my wishes for a happy birthday yesterday, but didn't get back to do it. To add to what Elizabeth said, I have always admired and been ispired by your insights and wisdom and softness. I think I needed you for my guardian when I was growing up and going out into the world. Happy birthday, dear sister, I love you very much.

Judy said...

Thanks, Louise. I love and admire you all.