Don't have time for a photo - so much to do, so little time to do it. Have you tried freezing tomatoes? I really don't want to get out the pressure cooker so am trying this recipe. If you have already tried something like this, were you pleased with the results?
Teresa's Freezer Tomato Sauce
16 medium to large ripe, but firm, heirloom (or whatever) tomatoes
1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
6 to 8 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
2 tablespoons white balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
Coarsely ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375degrees F. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato and place on parchment with X side up.
3. Roast tomatoes 20 - 30 minutes, until skin begins to pull away at the X. Remove pan from oven and let tomatoes cool.
4. When cool enough to handle, core each tomato and peel skin away from meat of tomato using a sharp knife. Work over a large nonreactive bowl to catch juices.
5. Coarsely chop tomatoes in bowl using knife or scissors, or squish with your hands. Add basil, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. Label clean glass jars, freezer boxes or bags. Fill containers two-thirds full with sauce; seal or close and place in freezer up to 6 months. Makes about 12 cups, depending on size of tomatoes.
(Recipe by Teresa Blackburn, Relish Food Stylist)
Per (1-cup) serving: 45 calories, 0.5g fat, 0mg chol., 2g prot., 10g carbs., 3g fiber, 170 mg sodium.