Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Retirement Made Easy

I snagged this from mother on the rare occasion that she would toss things out. I remember when I was very young and they came to visit in Penrose. Ann and I were very excited and I wanted to make a good impression. I was on the old Schwinn of Dwight's' running back and forth between the old barn and the shop. I would stop and listen to the adults talk there in the driveway, certain that I looked older than my years. A gentleman who came with them turned to me and said, " you got a flat tire there sonny." The tire was not as deflated as me. I can't tell you why I remember this so vividly, but it's another link that connects us all.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Judy said...

I cannot remember them actually coming to Penrose, I just remember the fact that they did. I was old enough, that Aunt Elsie remembered and wrote to me when I got married. I'm glad that you kept this, but I cannot imagine throwing it out. She kept everything.

Judy said...

That is Mother throwing it out...

Elizabeth said...

I must have already left home. Wish I had been there. Aunt Elsie was quite classy.

Ann said...

Wish I could remember them coming. This is one of the reasons Steve has to write his story, so then I can just say "ditto".