Saturday, March 10, 2012

Family Outing

Believe it or not, this is the first time I have ever seen this photo.  It was terribly underexposed and mostly black until I learned how to zap dark pictures and make them presentable.  As per Ann's directions (orders?), when I change the picture in the heading I am supposed to post it in the posts so she can copy it.  Now all that remains is for the three more favored Blood children to tell their story of this outing.  I believe our son Russell is in the left corner, so I would have taken this photo on a summer trip to Penrose, probably early 1960s.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

All of you - Steve, Ann, Judy, and Dad look so young. What a wonderful picture! Treasures unearthed are twice precious. Thanks for your efforts, Dwight! Must have been a very nice day!

Steve Blood said...

Before anything gets out of hand again, it IS my hat.

Elizabeth said...

Ah, the old hat trick!

Ann said...

Was this a trip up to Valley? My hair style seems to be consistent with some other photos about that time. Learning how to cut one's hair was a tricky thing. The jacket I am wearing is the FFA jacket that the veterinarian, Wesley Fuhriman had given me. He spent a lot of time at our farm and really liked Mom and Dad. I was the annoying little person who always hung around because he would bring his cute kids with him. The jacket was from the Vernal chapter and I felt very cool when I wore it to school. Besides, then I got to be like Dwight in a small way. If I had to herd his pigs, at least I could wear an FFA jacket.

Ann said...

Hat? What hat?

Judy said...

Just as Ann identifies this picture by her attire, so do I. I am wearing somebody's letter sweater. I have no idea whose. I just remember wearing it and feeling cool. Since I don't remember the owner, the usual sentimental attachments to such sharing must not have existed. The sweater makes the time period to be 1956-57.
Dwight, life was always more exciting when you came home for a visit!
Steve's hat? Really?

Ann said...

Judy - Jerry's? Bert's? Larry's? Hmmm, shall I go on?

Ann said...

Also, Judy, the neck scarf was very "stylin" at the time. Do you still have yours in your cedar chest? My granddaughters think that was a most interesting accessory.