Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Thought for This Thursday

On the post dated January 21, 2012, there is a comment from our first cousin once removed(David Wasden/Tom Wasden/ Anonymous), that might give all of us an incentive to keep going. Check it out! To any family who is checking in, please let us know you are there. It is nice to hear from anyone interested and to make family connections.

Sometimes, what we have written has reminded me of a wonderful TV series called Lark Rise to Candleford. There is a conversation in the very last episode (it had a three year run on PBS/KUED and I can still find it in reruns, or just buy the DVD. You won't be sorry.) when Laura is writing for the newspaper, but Daniel has to tell her that what she has written isn't very good. He is struggling to tell her that she needs to write about something she is really familiar with, and then goes on to tell her to write about the life in Candleford and Lark Rise because one day it will have all changed. That is true about our lives in Penrose. Our memories of long ago make so many connections to how we live our lives today. So, I'm just saying, there are still things to share, whether it is today things, or a memory of something from another day.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are right, Ann - I've been totally lazy this winter as far as blogging has been concerned. I will repent - next week. In the meantime, I have the first season of "Larkrise to Candleford" on my TV in the sewing room - just to get me primed.

Judy said...

This is good. Write what we know. Hmmmmmm.