Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dwight, Liz, and Louise in Ralston


So far as I have been able to find out, Mother took and saved 15 photos during the three years we lived in Ralston, from 1941 to 1944, during WW II.  We had a small home about a mile west of Ralston on the Cody highway, which was a big adventure for us after the isolation of Penrose.  The tar paper structure behind the dirt pile we were sitting on was an addition Dad built on to the two room house we had been living in so I and my sisters could have separate sleeping quarters.  Mother must have borrowed a camera from Aunt Elna, because she did not have one of her own.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

And even the fuzzy pictures are precious. Each of these is a gem.

Elizabeth said...

By the way, that's Judy in the middle. I was in school when we lived in Ralston.

Judy said...

Elizabeth must have been sick. I don't know why I was in these photos and not her. I was honored to be in the middle.

Ann said...

And the home of my birth.