Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to Elizabeth

I know this should be cropped, but hopefully this will come through ok.  I love this photo of Elizabeth.  The twinkle in her eye says there is mischief brewing.  There is another photo I wanted to post, but time is short, so this will have to do.  Elizabeth's birthday and Memorial Day celebration never were on the same day - that was always Steve's birthday, but this year is just a little different. 

So, to our dear sister, Elizabeth, Happy Birthday!  I hope your day is full of fun "stuff", and that this next year will continue to give you time for quilting, gardening, reading, learning how to vine your tomatoes, etc.  (Who wants to clean house???)  I am so thankful you are my sister.  I am thankful for the laughter on the phone, for your confidence that I just might know an answer to a question, for your friendship and for your love.  May this be a wonderful day for you.

4 comments:

Dwight said...

Exactly. I told Judy the other day that Liz talks in "Liz Speak" in case you have trouble understanding her. I had the white hat in mind but was waiting for someone else to do the work. So happy birthday, Liz. We still want to know when you do the quilts, given your extracurricular activies. Love, Dwight

Elizabeth said...

The hat was not even mine. Dwight, Velna, Ron and I were looking at model homes in Arizona, and I think that Dwight dared me to try on the hat that was an "accessory" in one of the homes. Pretty snazzy. Thanks, Ann, for all of the good gardening advice - you've learned to be cautious about mine. I picked off all of the plants except for the top three leaves - one with blooms. Think it'll work?

Judy said...

I too, love the hat pose. See, I told you, Elizabeth is not afraid.

Steve Blood said...

As in Queen Elizabeth? It's the hat. Glad I got to talk to you on your real birthday for a change.