Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hi Mom


I decided I would go ahead and re-edit many of the photos from our small treasure trove of old photographs. I have saved all of the originals, which I regard with a certain reverence since I have looked at them for so many, many years.  We're all familiar with the original of this photo, in which Mom is sitting overlooking a mountain valley in Sunlight above Cody.  Now that I can see her, I feel almost like I am getting reacquainted with her when she was young for the very first time.  I hope others will continue to post.  I encourage us all to begin including more stories and reminiscences in our comments to make our blog more of a valuable family history.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We are so thankful to you for taking up the slack right now. Life is very busy here - trying to get out-of doors cleaned up as well as thinking about garden, plus finishing a graduation quilt and a baby quilt, and we'll be making a couple of trips to Ogden, as well as having some company coming. I think that everyone is really busy this time of year-are you thinking about going back to Riverton soon?

Ann said...

And preparing for chicks, and keeping an eye on the raspberries, peas, etc., along with indexing to do, genealogy to sort out, copies of Grandpa's missionary journals to get done, and on it goes.

This photo of Mother, I think, tells a little bit of the story of a very independent, strong willed woman, who was finding her way, but with a smile on her face. As I remember her, she always has that smile, even when she was exhausted at the end of hard days.

Judy said...

I have questions. Who took this photo? Probably with Mom's camera? What year was it? Did she acquire her mountain attire with her teaching salary? We must say that she had a classy style.
Dwight, I am so pleased that you have chosen to re-edit the early days photos.

Ann said...

Steve tells me that a P.S. on the blog shouldn't count towards our comment numbers, so I won't use a P.S. here, but by way of a post script, if I sounded cross in the earlier comment, please overlook that possibility. It is just a busy day, with lots of comings and goings. But at the end of the day, I do love checking Penrose Mornings to see what new/old photo has been resurrected. These are so worthwhile to have. Thank you, Dwight, for taking the time to clean them up.

Elizabeth said...

Was this picture taken the year that Mother had Louise and Dwight at Sunlight to be with Daddy? I remember pictures of them in the haystack with Louise crying? And Mother seemed to have much the same outfit on.

Judy said...

Good detective, Elizabeth.