Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Birthday to Steve




Steve was still a little twerp when I left home and could no longer tell him to keep quiet and not disturb me.  So I've had a lifetime to get acquainted with him.  He and Ann were my prime photo models when they were little since they were compliant and did everything I asked them to do.  As a result, there are more photos of them than of any other family member. Top photo, the John Wayne era in Jackson.  Middle photo, how to survey for a new milk barn.  Bottom photo self explanatory.  When Steve was born we were hustled off to Cindy's to kill time.  I remember Dr. Coulston, that urbane, gentlemanly, kindly doctor who delivered you commenting on Mother's wonderful homemade bread.  Then our house got noisier since Ann wasn't making a lot of racket by then.  We all remain in awe of your artistic and creative skills, of which I have none.  Dad would especially be proud of your accomplishments, as are we all.  Now if you would just take up quilt making to compete with your sisters.  We all hope you have a memorable and happy birthday.  We just wish we could see you more often.  From your former kindly roommate.



5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

To Cindy's or Grandma's? Come on, Louise - I need you.
Dwight, I was waiting with bated breath for your posting, because I knew you would choose great pictures. Thank you - we add our greetings to Steve. (I think he said he was not going to do anything today but barbecue some spare ribs.) Good way to spend the day. Happy Birthday again, little brother.

Judy said...

I finally figured out that Steve is standing on his hands, not that his legs bend different than ours. Good memory pictures!!!

Steve Blood said...

Thanks, it was a grand day, the ribs turned out great and it did not rain. Love to all.

Louise Blood said...

Since these are dated you will know that I am a few days late in wishing you a happy birthday, but I am now officially wishing you a happy birthday and sending my love. What are the chances of your
coming this way in the (near) future. it would sure be grand to see you.

Louise Blood said...

Since these are dated you will know that I am a few days late in wishing you a happy birthday, but I am now officially wishing you a happy birthday and sending my love. What are the chances of your
coming this way in the (near) future. it would sure be grand to see you.