Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Jackson Hole Quilt

Judy suggested that I put a picture of my newest quilt on our family blog, too, so that it can be enlarged. I hestitate to do this, because you will see the flaws - maybe? If you do, I don't want to hear about it. This quilt was great fun to make. It is a combination of the diamond background, with raw-edge applique applied on top. I had to manufacture the fence from the wrong side of a gray fabric, and used pen and ink to do the shading. There is some pastel crayon work on the mountains and a few other places. I marvel at the fabrics that one has to choose from when making a quilt like this.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

P.S. You can look at the original photo that I took on the Curmudgeonly Professor's blog.

Ann said...

Thank you for posting this on Penrose Mornings. Being able to enlarge your picture really helps to see the amount of work you have put into this piece. Beautiful work - I don't see any flaws!

Judy said...

Thank you! Even with my new "eye" the enlargement helps. 'Tis beautiful...

Steve Blood said...

WOW