Monday, March 24, 2008

HP Blog Printing Tool

Follow this link to check out a download for the HP Blog printing tool.  In fact, I downloaded it to the Penrose blog, and I think it will work.  Click on the print button down toward the end on the right.  This button converts to a PDF file which is printable.  You can increase the size of what you want to print with the percentage box on top of the PDF file page, which takes you to another page with the larger printable stuff on it.  This is all brand new territory, so don't get excited if this doesn't work all peachy smooth; we ought to be able to figure it out.  According to the live link above, this HP program isn't yet programmed for Typepad.  Please try it out and let's see if we can work the bugs out of it.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I tried this and got a small font and picture. I think I need to play with it more to see if I can adjust the size.

Dwight said...

Judy, you can adjust the size with the % box in the upper row of the pdf file. Has anyone figured out how to get the list of stuff beyond the last 20 posts? I can't figure that one out. If you left click the red hp button on the right (for my mac, ctrl click, you get a ton of options of what to do with each post. No end of new stuff to learn, but I'd really be happier if I could figure out how to get the entire list of posts coughed up for printing. amen.

Dwight said...

I've emailed HP to ask about getting all posts to list for printing. Judy, check with Ann and see if she's got it figured out. I haven't tried to print with this yet and she has, I think.

Judy said...

I got it. I have to close the print command to get the PDF display, then adjust the size and then give another print command.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks to everyone's trial and error, now we can print out the original posting; all that's left to puzzle is how to include the comments, some of which are certainly worthy of keeping.