Friday, April 11, 2008

Latter-Day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia 1936

This is an entry that was found in the Latter-Day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia Volume IV dated July 4, 1936:
WASDEN, James B., Bishop of the Penrose Ward, Big Horn Stake, Wyoming, from 1915 to 1928, was born July 16, 1870, in Scipio, Millard Co., Utah, the son of James B. Wasden and Anna Sophie Jensen. He was baptized by Isaac Pierce, moved to Big Horn, and filled a mission to the Southern States in 1898 - 1900, was ordained a High Priest July 30, 1910, by Jesse W. Crosby, jun., and a Bishop April 11, 1915.

As we all know, the father of James B. is John Brooks, but the remaining information is interesting. If anyone is interested, I did copy the pages that covered the Big Horn Stake, so I have the history of some of the other Bishops from the Basin. Please let me know if you would like that information and I will email the copies to you. Also, I have learned how to access the membership list for the Penrose Church and will do so when I go to the FHL in Salt Lake City.

1 comment: